Have you ever felt defeated in your weight loss efforts? Many people get so caught up by the scale! Don’t let the scale determine your success! I always tell my patients to not weigh themselves every day. Once a week is plenty to help keep you accountable and on track. Write it down to help track your progress. Treat yourself once you have hit your 5 lb weight loss mark (go to a movie, or the spa) and then keep shedding the pounds!
Here is a checklist of things to focus on daily on your weight loss journey:
- Don’t go longer than 3-4 hours without eating (Start with breakfast, no longer than 1 hour after waking up)
- Have protein at each meal and snack (20-30 grams protein at meal times, 7-10 grams for snacks) Try a protein shake.
- Drink your water (Consume at least 64 oz water - add lemon, lime, or sliced cucumbers to flavor)
- Commit to an exercise program (Exercise most days of the week. Include cardio, weight training, and stretching)
- Stay away from high calorie drinks, condiments, and creamers
- Limit your sweets (Sweets may taste good but they are packed with empty calories. Try popping in a piece of gum or have a sugar-free popsicle to curb your craving)
- JOURNAL. Write down everything that goes into your mouth. A journal is a great accountability partner.
Who wants to commit to losing 5 lbs before the end of the year? Or, maybe you want to lose 10-20 lbs.
What is your goal?