Thursday, August 5, 2010

Africa 2010


http://www.youtube.com/v/aSlR7fpBNdA&hl=en_US&fs=1


As I arrived in Africa I was told by one of the missionaries based there that this trip would change my life more than I would have ever thought. He was right! Not only was I able to help those in need, but the people of Africa taught me a lot about faith, love, and hope!

Here is a video from when I went to Africa earlier this summer! I learned a lot from the people of Uganda. They are so generous yet have absolutely nothing. We were able to give them HOPE by showing them love and fulfilling their basic needs (food and clothing).


Hopefully, watching this video will motivate you to help those in need. I truly believe that humans are innately good people and want to help others, but we get so busy in our daily tasks and forget to take time to give back!

I encourage you to get involved. It doesn't have to be a big trip to the most remote corrupt areas of the world but how about; donating clothes to the homeless, working at the local food bank, being a mentor to a young child or teen, or helping an elderly person with chores around the house.


I would love to hear your stories about helping others and how by doing that you truly helped yourself! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment