We all know tis the season for SWEETS! But why not take the healthy alternative? Just like anything in life we have to find a balance between enjoying ourself and going overboard!
Here is one of my favorite recipes! I have to thank my sister in law, Angela Flicker with The Artists House ,for this wonderful recipe! Without any added oil or eggs these cookies are a low-fat/low-calorie alternative to your typical holiday treat. PLUS, they are cheap and take no time to prepare!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1/2 of a 15oz can pumpkin puree
- Add chocolate chips/walnuts to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together. I like using a beater or even my hands (just wash them first)
- On a greased cookie sheet use a tablespoon to scoop/drop mixture onto sheet.
- Cook for 10-15 min then poke with toothpick to see if done.
- Take out and let them cool. ENJOY!
Here is one last tip for the busy holiday season full of food, fun, and family!!! Make sure you continue to move your body! Make it a tradition to go for a nice family walk after your Thanksgiving meal or play an active game in the yard or on your Wii!